15 Best Bottle for Breastfed Baby Who Refuses Bottle
Best Bottle for Breastfed Baby Who Refuses Bottle: When it comes to feeding your baby, take nothing for granted. As new mom, when trying to introduce bottle to your breastfed baby, you may encounter baby’s refusal.
A handful of parents have written to us, saying, “My baby won’t take a bottle.” And they are struggling to get their baby to take bottle. Don’t stress yourself much! There are ways you can make your breastfed baby take a bottle.
Before we jump into the best bottle for breastfed baby who refuses bottle, it is good to understand why your baby is refusing a bottle.
Why is Breastfed Baby Refusing Bottle?
Several reasons might be responsible for why your breastfed baby is refusing a bottle. Some of the reasons are:-
- The baby might not like the feeling of the artificial nipple in their mouth.
- They develop a strong eating bond with mom and don’t understand the need for the bottle while mom is there.;
- Might have had a negative experience feeding a bottle
- The teat might be blocked.
- The milk may taste different or the right temperature.
- The baby is not hungry
- The baby is teething
If you know why your baby is refusing the bottle, then it becomes easier to fix it.
How to Get a Breastfed Baby to Take a Bottle
If you are a brand new mommy looking for ways to get a breastfed baby to take a bottle, you’re in the right place. Here is what you need to do!
Early introduction; of the bottle to your baby is essential when introducing a breastfed baby to take a bottle. Start early by giving your baby on a bottle with breast milk before moving into baby formula. A good time to introduce a bottle is when your baby is about four-weeks-old.
2# Get Someone to do the Job
Your baby is used to getting breast milk from you when they see you, they feel like breastfeeding. They want to have their milk. It will difficult for babies to take bottle when it is coming from their mothers. Therefore, let someone else take the best bottle for breastfed baby who refuses bottle and feed your baby.
Sound simple, right! But the impact is enormous. Leaving your partner or any other family member to do the feeding will get your breastfed baby to take a bottle. The separation will afford you some break from a caregiving duty.
3# Quiet place
Going to a gentle and quiet location can put your baby in the right state to take a bottle. Rock or sway your baby for a little while, so they feel comfortable and relaxed.
Offer the bottle to your baby in a calm and gentle approach. This critical approach works magic in getting your baby to take a bottle. So try this trick today and let us know the outcome.
4# hunger cues
To introduce bottle to baby, you may need to leave your baby to get hungry a little. Watch for hunger cues and be ready with a bottle at the first sign that your baby is hungry. Try squirting a little milk into that tiny mouth to whet your babe’s appetite and get him excited about the bottle.
5# New Positions
One reason your baby is refusing a bottle is because of the position you kept babies while trying to give them a bottle. Babies may be less willing to take bottle, If you lay them in the position they always breastfeed in. To get baby to take a bottle while in a bouncy chair or stroller, get your baby a little more separated from you when feeding them. Also, find a different position when you are feeding with a bottle.
6# Be Patient
Be patient with the baby; it might take some time before the baby gets used to the baby bottle. Smile and relax, make the child feel at ease. When the child is comfortable, you can try putting the baby bottle teat into the mouth.
7# Experiment with bottle
Baby purchasing 3-4 different types of bottle, your baby may find your baby’s favorite, especially for breastfed babies. I wouldn’t recommend trying this tip first, but I would suggest other tips first before spending all your fortune on bottles. During feeing, time try 1-2 bottles to find which one works for your baby.
8# Use the right Pacifier
In most breastfeeding communities, using a pacifier is really frown upon, and honestly, there are some valid points. A pacifier may be helpful, especially for babies below 4 months. This approach helps them to get acquainted with having something different being in their mouth. Use pacifier a couple of times to desensitize them when your baby appears to be disturbed by the feeling of a bottle.
9# Serve Differently
Babies like their milk in a certain way or wants the bottle teat at a specific temperature. Try different temperatures to see if it helps the baby to take a bottle.
It’s customary to run a bottle of refrigerated milk under some hot tap water to warm it up. If your baby does not want it, you could try offering cold or lukewarm milk and see if he prefers it that way. So trying different ways to serve your baby’s bottle could be the answer you needed.
10# Think out of the box
Trying a new strategy isn’t a bad idea! You can decide to disguise the baby bottle to see if the child will take the baby bottle. You can try to wrap it with the mother’s cloth so that the baby can still think of it as breastfeeding.
15 Best Bottle for Breastfed Baby Who Refuses Bottle
When shopping for the best bottle for breastfed baby who refuses bottle. In the market, loads of bottle options are available. Selecting from the best may be a difficult task for a busy mom. Don’t worry!! Kiddiesquare has done the heavy lifting for you.
Here is our list of the best bottle for breastfed baby who refuses bottle:
Philips AVENT Natural Glass Bottle
Philips Avent natural glass bottle is one of the best bottle for breastfed baby who refuses bottle. The nipple has a softer feel more like a mother’s breast, and you make your baby feels more comfortable.
Phillips AVENT designed with anti-colic baby slow flow Nipple anti-colic nipple like which prevents air from getting in baby’s tummy. The product is BPA free and made of premium quality borosilicate glass. So you can boil it in water or sterilize in steam without any hesitation.
- This bottle comes in a pack of three 8-ounce or 4-ounce bottles with different flow rates for babies of all ages.
- The silicone nipple is soft and feels breast-like
- Easy to clean baby bottle
- The best ergonomic glass bottle and BPA Free
- It is clinically proven to reduce colic and discomfort
- Designed to reduce gas and fussiness
Medela Breastmilk Bottle
Medela Breast Milk Bottle Set is one of our favorite. It allows mothers to collect, store, and feed breast milk to babies in a high-quality bottle. Preferred among moms who want to feed breastmilk by bottle.
Medela breast milk bottles are compatible with a breast pump if you have any – especially with medela breast pump. Therefore, you can just pump, store, and feed with only one bottle.
Its safe design of the bottle will enable you to store the breast milk long-term without losing any of the milk’s natural beneficial properties. The downside is that there is no anti-colic valve or any other system to reduce colic.
- The package comes with three containers, flow nipples, and caps.
- It is easy to clean as there are not too many parts.
- It is made with BPA free materials and dishwasher safe.
- These Bottles bis used as storage for breast milk; mom can pump directly to the container and store it.
Tommee Tippee Baby Bottle
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Bottles is the best bottle for breastfed baby who refuses bottle. It is a perfect Newborn Starter Set for any new parent. This bottle makes the transition from breastfeeding to bottle-feeding much easier.
This bottle comes with soft silicon breast-like nipple; It allows the baby to latch on easily and flex during feeding. The slow flow of Tommee Tippee nipple has an ultra-sensitive valve that offers less air, helps your baby to ingest more milk, and eliminates discomfort.
- Very easy to clean and comes with a cleaning brush
- It is microwave, dishwasher and steams safe
- It stretches and flexes like mom’s breast and provide a comfortable feed
- The bottle is easier to carry or handled
- The body is marked in both millimeters and ounces for easy measurement
- Free from chemicals like BPA
- Unique easy latch on the nipple and a hygiene cap
Dr. Brown’s Original Bottle
If you are not familiar with three earlier recommendations, I am sure Dr. Brown’s Original bottle is pretty popular. Dr. Brown’s bottle – our best bottle for breastfed baby who refuses bottle. They are the perfect bottle for a baby dealing with colic, or that tends to get too much air when bottle feeding.
Dr. Brown’s original offers an innovative vent technology that provides a natural flow rate during feeding. When feeding baby, this bottle creates positive-pressure flow for vacuum-free feeding, which is much more similar to breastfeeding.
- Reduces nipple collapse and allow the baby to get milk at her rate.
- Completely BPA and PVC free
- Prevents oxidation by not allowing air mixes with milk or formula while feeding
- It is innovative with patented internal vent technology
- Enables the babies to feed comfortably as the vent system eliminates the air bubbles because of its positive pressure design
- All the parts are dishwasher safe
- This bottle is proven to maintain essential vitamins (Like A, C, and E) and milk Nutrient
Limitation: This bottle may leak a bit. It is not easy to clean as it comes with small parts.
Mimijumi Baby Bottle
Mimijumi is one of the best bottle for breastfed baby who refuses bottle available on the market. Designed to be ideal for all babies. Mimijumi bottles feel as close as breastfeeding and come with natural colors and textures.
This product provides the best possible transition to bottle feeding with its innovative nipple design like a mother’s breast. The bottle comes with an anti-colic integrated venting system that reduces airflow, decrease colic and gas. Mimijumi also allows the baby to control the flow of milk.
The price of this bottle is very high, but the quality is excellent.
- All bottle parts are BPA free
- They are dishwasher safe
- Easy to clean – its wide opening provides easy cleaning
- Features an Integrated Venting System to Prevent Colic
- Eye-catching appearance with innovative nipple design
- Provides the perfect complement to breastfeeding
- Ideal for newborns and babies
- Best Bottle to Mimic Breastfeeding
Thinkbaby Stainless Steel Baby Bottle
Thinkbaby Stainless Steel Baby Bottle is a toxin-free stainless steel product safe for feeding. They offer the cheapest stainless steel bottle compare to other stainless steel bottles in the market. They have a good quality product and stand as one of our best bottle for breastfed baby who refuses bottle.
A two-stage nipple is found in Thinkbaby bottle pack; Stage A is marked with a number 2 on the nipple and is for 0-6 months old baby. Stage B, marked with a number 3 on the nipple, it is for 6+ months old baby.
- It has few parts and very easy to clean
- The product is dishwasher safe and can be steamed sterilize
- This bottle is BPA, led and PVC free
- The bottle comes with an anti-colic nipple that prevents gas and split-up.
- With a conversation kit, this product can be transformed into a Sippy cup or straw cup for a toddler.
Pura Kiki Stainless Bottle
Pura Kiki infant stainless steel comes with a plastic-free bottle void of toxic chemicals like BPA and PVCs. It has a food graded silicone nipple and made with 100% stainless steel alongside.
Pura Kiki infant stainless baby bottle comes with a slow-flow nipple. You can purchase a medium or fast-flow nipple as your baby grows up. This bottle can be converted into a Sippy cup by buying a Sippy spout. Pura Kiki infant lasts longer and can still be in good condition when your baby enters her toddlerhood.
The only limitation it has is that you may not know the quantity of milk left in it when feeding your baby.
- Free from BPA, PVC or other toxins
- Easily convertible to Sippy cup
- Long-lasting bottle
- The price is fair, comparing its longevity.
NUK Smooth Flow Anti-Colic Bottle, 5 oz, Elephant
NUK Baby Bottle has a mom-like shape nipple, which perfectly fits in the baby’s mouth. Just like babies feel when feeding on mom’s breast that how they think with Nuk Elephant.
NUK offers 3 different nipple flow rates. For 4+ months to 10 months, baby, this bottle comes with a medium flow nipple. The product is comfortable and feels natural for babies.
You can also purchase some if you think your baby needs faster or slower flow.
- It has an anti-colic air system, which will help to reduce colic.
- Easy to clean
- NUK elephant is completely BPA free
- It is dishwasher safe
Munchkin Latch Baby Bottle
Munchkin Baby bottle is among the best bottle for breastfed baby who refuses bottle. Munchkin bottle can help your baby transcend between breastfeeding and bottle.
The nipple stretches enough latching easily and moves like breast, making baby feel comfortable.
- Munchkin offers breast-like nipples.
- Gives baby the ability to control the flow of milk with little pressure
- The anti-colic valve on its bottom helps to reduce colic.
- Offer different flow rates by different nipples.
- To reach your breastfeeding goal, Munchkin Latch Baby Bottle is an excellent choice for your baby.
Mixie Formula-Mixing Baby Bottle
Mixie Formula-Mixing Baby Bottle is the preferable bottle to the formula feeding moms because of its amazingly designed formula mixing baby bottle. Several moms feed their babies formula after 6 months. Mixie baby bottles made life easy for busy moms and relieved them of the headache to prepare baby food when they are out.
The mixie bottle has an airtight compartment that keeps baby formula dry and separated from the water. By simply pushing the button on the base, the formula is released into the bigger chamber then adds water to it. Shake properly and feed your baby. This feeding is easier, isn’t it?
- It is much easier to clean, as every part can be separated.
- This bottle BPA free
- This bottle is dishwasher safe.
- The bottle has 8 and 4-ounce (size)
Olababy Gentle Baby Bottle
Olababy baby bottle looks excellent because of its appealing colors and gentle curves. The bottle gives your baby a toxin-free feeding experience and exceptional comfort and comes with a 100% medical-grade silicone nipple.
It has a dual anti-colic valve system that helps prevent colic and comes with an off-centered nipple that allows babies to latch on easily. Olababy stands as one of the best bottle for breastfed baby who refuses bottle.
- The smooth silicone texture makes it easier to hold
- It is BPA and PVC free.
- Its wide neck allows cleaning easily.
- Available in three delightful colors and two sizes, 4-ounce and 8-ounce
BlueSmart Mia Feeding System
Another best bottle for breastfed baby who refuses bottle is BlueSmart Mia. The bottle has introduced a new smart feeding system; that is digitally driven.
The first-ever smart baby bottle sleeve is BlueSmart Mia. When you are not with your baby, you can use its digital tracking system to check his feeding. It has an app that monitors bottle temperature and angles of food. Also, you can track the quality and length and of each feeding by your smartphone. Cool right?
- Bottle Track and analyze baby’s feeding
- The bottle keeps feeding records and can be shared when required
- The bottle comes in the pink and blue color variant
- The bottle is BPA free
- The bottle is compatible with most standard size nipples
The First Years Baby Bottle
The First Years baby bottle provides a unique nipple that makes Breastflow easier for newborns. This bottle comes with nipple different from the traditional nipples because it let your baby use both suction and compression. First years bottles are unique and one of our best bottle for breastfed baby who refuses bottle.
The design of the nipple is a combination of two parts. 1) The soft outer parts made of silicone, breast-like feeling like actual breastfeeding. 2) Inner parts give your baby control over the flow of milk, naturally like breastfeeding.
- The air vent system helps reduce airflow and prevent colic
- Have a wide neck and makes cleaning easy
- The bottle is BPA free 100%
- It is dishwasher safe
- The bottle is available in two sizes, 9-ounce, and 5-ounce
- There are three containers and three innovative nipples and caps in each pack
Lansinoh mOmma Feeding Bottle
The main reason breastfed babies reject bottle is Nipple confusion. For this reason, the Lansinoh mOmma bottle came with a natural nipple to reduce rejection. The nipple design by Lansinoh is made to make your baby feels the same as breastfeeding.
For the oral development of your baby, this natural wave nipple will help achieve your goal. Lansinoh can help the transition of your baby from breast to bottle or bottle to breast without hesitation, due to its soft, flexible, and breast-like nipple.
Lansinoh mOmma Bottle is a high-quality transition bottle and the best bottle for breastfed baby who refuses bottle.
- Lansinoh bottles are BPA free
- It is anti-colic; Bottle comes with an air vent system to reduce gas and colic
- Easy to clean as there are not too many parts
Comotomo Natural Feel Baby Bottle
On some mom’s scale of preference, Comotomo Natural Baby Bottle is arguably the best bottle for breastfed baby who refuses bottle. They became the choice bottle because of their innovative design and quality products.
The body is made of a skin-like silicone material that can give your baby soft feel like mom’s skin and make babies comfortable breastfeeding. The product has a dual anti-colic vent that ensures air circulation to reduce colic or gas.
There is flexibility between breastfeeding and bottle-feeding because of its natural shaped soft nipple. This bottle makes it easier for parents with difficulty transitioning their baby from breastfeeding to bottle-feeding.
The package has an eight-ounce bottle with a slow flow nipple for newborns. For Babies from 3 months up to 6 months, there is a medium flow nipple. Also, babies who are much older than 6 months, you can purchase an extra fast flow nipple.
- Nipple provides flexibility between breastfeeding and bottle-feeding
- It comes with a wide neck, which makes it easier to clean.
- The price is reasonable compared to its features and quality
- The product is heat resistant; you can sterilize using boiling water.
- Dishwasher safe
- Microwave oven-proof
- It is free from BPA and PVC.
How long does breast milk last in a bottle?
After you have pumped out breast milk for your baby, keep it fresh in a fridge. Untouched breast milk can stay fresh up to 4 to 6 hours at room temperature. However, for more extended storage, keep the milk consistently cold at about 4oC or 40oF. Preferably, breast milk should be stored at the back of your fridge, not the door. Breast milk can stay 3 to 6 days when refrigerated.
Do you need bottles for my baby?
When feeding your baby with formula or expressed breast milk, the answer is yes! What is expressing breast milk? Expressing milk is the milk squeezed from a mom’s breast.
For babies used to only breastfeeding – mothers who go out to work can extract her breastmilk with a pump and store in a bottle. Other family members can feed your baby with expressed breast milk in a bottle when you are not around.
What is the safest baby bottle based on materials?
On the market, there are several safe baby bottles made of different materials. For obvious reasons, parents prefer different types of containers best known to them. Here we have three types of materials used in manufacturing baby bottles today.
Stainless Steel: The main problem with stainless steel is that you may not know the exact amount of liquid stored in the bottle. However, it is the strongest among the materials used for making a bottle.
Glass: Glass is more expensive than other materials; it lasts longer but heavy.
Plastics: Polypropylene is a hard type of plastic that is used in making bottles; there are lightweight but unbreakable. Before purchasing a plastic bottle, remember to check if the container is BPA free
Making your baby take a bottle is essential and challenging too. However, the list of the best bottle for breastfed baby who refuses bottle above is top of the line. Pediatricians and many mothers recommend them.
Take a look at the list and find brands that work, and be relatively consistent! Follow regulative guidelines as you transcend from breastfeeding to bottle to prevent nipple confusion.
Thank you for reading. We’ll be happy to hear from you!
[su_spoiler title=”Affiliate Disclosure” open=”yes” style=”fancy” icon=”plus-circle”]
This post may contain Affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Read full disclosure here.