5 Effective and Must-follow Tips On How to Clean Toy Kitchen Sets
Kiddiesquare understands the importance of toy kitchen set and how it proffers solutions to spotting children’s abilities, leveraging their skills, and teaching them new things that will be used to them in the future.
One habit parents should inculcate in Children from the beginning is cleanliness.
When cleaning your child’s play kitchen, carry them along by showing her or him to do the same.
Cleaning toy kitchen do not only help to maintain and extend the lifespan of the kitchen toys as they are quite expensive, but also eliminate germs that causes illness.
Hence I have come up with simple tips on how to clean toy kitchen sets in five easy and effective ways at no additional cost to you.
How to Clean Toy Kitchen Sets?
A toy kitchen usually comes with many parts and accessories in addition to play foods that get dirty each time they finish playing with it. Cleaning them regularly will help keep things sparkling and germs free.
How to Maintain Plastics Toy kitchen?
Cleaning with vinegar and water
Mixing vinegar with water is one way to achieve a deeper cleansing. Vinegar has antibacterial properties, making it a dependable cleaning solution for children’s plastic toy kitchen, or any toys.
- Pour vinegar solution into a clean bowl
- Wet a clean thin cloth with the vinegar solution
- Detach carefully all removable parts of the toy kitchen set
- Place them into the bowl with the vinegar solution and gently scrub with the wet clean cloth
- Gently wipe the surface in a circular motion and make sure the cloth get into all the corners and crevices.
- Repeat the process once more to remove any hidden dirt
- In warm water, rinse every parts and accessories one after the other
- Then air-dry or fan-dry
Note: sun drying a plastic play kitchen is not advisable because plastic material can expand due to high temperature and may lead to early breakage.
Cleaning Toy Kitchen with Soaps and Water
Here is another step on how to clean toy kitchen sets easy and at no cost. Soap or shampoo mix with water, provides a foamy solution that is effective in cleaning all kinds of plastic toys.
- Get a warm water in a bowl
- Add a significant amount of soap or shampoo in the water
- Use your hand to dissolve the mixture by stirring it
- Dip a clean cloth or sponge into the mixture of water and washing soap.
- Dismantle or detach all parts, wash from the petty to the main parts
- Gently sponge over the toy kitchen in circular pattern and to the narrow edges wrap the cloth around your finger and reach all the spots to remove dust or dirt build-up.
- Afterwards, rinse with water and dry air or use a clean cloth to wipe off the soapy leftover from over the toys.
- To avoid germs, the best option is air-dry
Note: For those who wants their kid to participate in the cleaning, a good alternative for chemical soaps is to use mild-soaps or shampoo to keep your child chemical-free.
To Clean and Deodorize toy Kitchen with Baking Soda
When cleaning plastic toys, you can use baking soda to disinfect and get rid of bad odors. Baking soda can be safely used on toy, it is also one of the cheapest but efficient cleaning agents. Just make sure the toys are rinsed after cleaning them.
- With one quart of warm water dissolve 4 teaspoons of baking soda
- Detached the toy parts and accessories
- Clean toys with cloth or sponge soaked in the solution
- Rinse with clean water and leave to dry
How to Maintain Wooden toy Kitchen
Wood need less frequent cleansing, cleaning them once in a while should be enough to maintain good hygiene. Here is what to do:
Disinfecting Wood Play Kitchen with Alcohol and Water
Clean up dust on the surface of the wooden toy kitchen with a piece of cloth or mouth-blow the dust away.
- Get a rubbing alcohol with warm water and mix an equal amount in a bowl, in ratio of 1:1.
- Pour the mixture into a clean spray bottle
- Detached or separate the toys parts and accessories
- Spray moderate quantities of the solution all over the toys, its parts and onto every corners and edges.
- Leave for a while, Wipe gently with a mildly wet clean cloth over the toy kitchen.
- Allow to Dry.
Where available, steam cleaner can be used to effectively clean toy kitchen and all its accessories. Steam is more than enough to kill germs and bacteria, so no need to add any chemical. Steam cleaner sanitizes and cleanse toys at the same time and it is ideal even for soft and plastic toys.
For better understanding on how to clean toy kitchen sets with steam cleaner watch this video.
Why You Should Clean Toy Kitchen Regularly?
It is important to clean children’s toy regularly not only for hygiene sake, but also to inculcate cleanliness into children and to teach them the importance of keeping the home and their environment clean. Therefore, if charity begins at home so should cleanliness begins at home too!
Teaching your kids how to clean toy kitchen sets is good but do it with chemical – free cleaning agents.
Also it is crucial to clean toy kitchen because at this stage a child’s immunity system is still developing. Viruses and bacteria can get transferred to the surfaces of children’s toys at any time, causing common cold, influenza and many other infections.
Unluckily, your little angel is highly vulnerable to these tiny monsters. But with these simple tips on how to clean toy kitchen sets, you can effortlessly keep all disease-causing germs far from your children as they carry on with their play and developing better traits.